Sunday, August 17, 2008

My History Thing: "A Book About Squirrels"

When I was a kid, I dreamed that I would write a series of books called "Nothin' But Nature". (The name was based on the phrase "nothin but net" from a McDonald's commercial starring Larry Bird and Michael Jordan.) Each book would focus on a specific animal. My plan was to write about and photograph the animals for each book.

The first book would be about squirrels because everyone in the United States is as interested in squirrels as a 9-year-old boy with nothing to do. My dream never reached fruition. In fact, I believe all I did was design the book cover and take some amateur photographs depicting what blurrily appeared to be squirrels running away from my camera.

I'd love to show you the book cover or some of those pictures I took. But I won't. Instead, I'll leave you with that McDonald's commercial I mentioned so many sentences ago. The best part is... it's barely even related to the topic of this post.


Enjoy Larry Bird's acting ability with me. Won't you?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oACRt-Qp-s



No comments: